- Type: Business Travel ,Boutique
NileGuide Expert Says:
Sense, the spa at the Carlyle, was chosen by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the best luxury spas in the world.
- The Carlyle, built in 1930, is a landmark hotel on the Upper East Side, occupying a prime spot on the well-to-do corner of Madison Avenue and 75th Street. This is old-school elegance and grandeur at its best, with rooms decorated with antique furniture, a gracious staff and sweeping views of Central Park. The hotel houses the famous Café Carlyle (a favorite of Woody Allen) and Bemelmans Bar, one of the city's cocktail institutions.
- © NileGuide2013
Ask a local about The Carlyle, A Rosewood HotelLocals have answered 143 questions about New York City.
Ask New York City Locals about The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
User Reviews for The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel
GRAND DAME IN NYC
Beautiful property, well situated away from the bustle of the mid-town frenzy during holiday time.Service was good but rooms are just fair.Bathrooms are well equipped but a little ancient.Rates...
- posted on 11.25.12
- by michael c
I didnt stay in the hotel, i actually live nearby but went to the spa for the first time yesterday. I have to say I have been to a million spas in NYC but this one took the cake. ...
- posted on 11.17.12
- by Nancy K
Unique and Fantastic
This is a place where you truly get what you pay for. The staff are simply amazing. They always seem to know who you are, and no request is ever too trivial. All of the rooms are extremely...
- posted on 11.15.12
- by Peter M
- Best Hotel 2008
- Best Hotel 2009
- Readers' Travel Award Winner 2008
- Very Highly Recommended 2010
- Forbes Traveler 400 2008
Antique furnishings, terraces, pantries, and marble whirlpool baths with signature robes.
- visit website
- tel: +1 212 744 1600 / +1 888 767 3966 (Toll Free)
- fax: +1 212 717 4682
- send email
- 35 E 76th St
- Madison Avenue
- New York, NY 10021
- breakfast included
- Rosewood Hotels