- Reserve with OpenTable
- Cuisines: Latin American
NileGuide Expert tip:
For a cheap meal, try the empanada sampler--six minis for $8--or choose from an array of stuffings including spicy beef and tomato and pulled pork with caramelized onions ($5 each).
- An invitingly-banqueted, fireplaced LES sleeve, ACF's the first restaurant from a gourmet Latin catering maven: NYC-born / Nicaraguan-descended Melissa Fox (real name, not pourne identity). By day, ACF's a wi-fi'd up chill-eria serving a daily-changing selection of homemade fare like risotto croquettes w/ serrano ham, soups, and eight varieties of her signature empanadas -- which in Central America trump Hot Pockets as the prokaryote of all deliciousness. By night, ACF's table service, plating small bites and clay pot dinners like carne chorizada (beef stew), camarones a la brazas (fire-grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon), and costillas de cerdo: ribs marinated 24hrs and slowly braised in their own juices, for lightly crispy outsides and insides so tender, they cried at the end of Field of Dreams.
- © Thrillist 2013
Message from A Casa Fox
A Casa Fox, set in the trendy Lower East Side, serves up yummy Latin & South American dishes & also tasty tapas. The cosy restaurant space features a crackling fireplace, rustic furniture and family keepsakes, giving it an authentic South American feel. It's perfect for romantic dinners for two or group dinners for birthdays and other celebrations. Don't forget to order the empanadas and sangria, a house specialty, served by a friendly Latin staff. A Casa Fox offers on- and off-site private and corporate catering: from intimate dinners for up to 45 to cocktail bashes for up to 300. Or ask A Casa Fox catering for one of its Latin themed signature parties - from penata parties for the kids to empanada making parties. A Casa Fox also has prepared foods, including boxes of empanadas, which you can take home &eat straight away or store and then heat up for your next party!
- Latin American cuisine and tapas
- Private and corporate catering services
- Romantic event space with fireplace
- visit website
- tel: 212 253 1900
- 173 Orchard St
- New York, NY 10002
- Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm We do not take reservations for parties less than 6 on Friday or Saturday nights. Walk-ins for smaller parties are welcome and often times accommodated.