- This 61-foot stone lighthouse and attached keeper's house was built in 1876. A previous lighthouse was built on this site in 1827. Visitors to the lighthouse will learn what life was like for lighthouse-keepers in the 19th Century. They can also climb the 55-step spiral staircase to the top of the tower for a great view of the surrounding area. It is rumored that the lighthouse is haunted by the spirit of a lighthouse keeper who drowned while trying to rescue some children. The keeper's cottage also has a display of veteran's memorabilia. - Christine A. Smyczynski
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Dunkirk Historical Lighthouse & Veterans Park MuseumLocals have answered 10 questions about Niagara Falls (ON).
Ask Niagara Falls (ON) Locals about Dunkirk Historical Lighthouse & Veterans Park Museum