- When the world comes to Vancouver in winter 2010, visitors can book a stateroom on the Norwegian Star luxury cruise ship, docked on Vancouver's North Shore February 10 - March 2, 2010. Rooms can be booked for as few as 2 nights, or as many as 20 nights depending on the arrival and departure date. Guests can combine the following dates to create a stay that best suits their needs:
Arrival is permitted on these dates: Feb. 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28.
Departures are permitted on these dates: Feb. 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 and March 2.
Guests enjoy the best of all worlds: a "floating resort" experience with easy access to key Vancouver destinations, including major sports facilities.
The offer features a bevy of benefits at no extra charge: ;;
- Meals at 5 on-board restaurants (surcharge for beverages at all restaurants; surcharge for meals at 8 specialty restaurants)
- 24-hour room service
- Daily transfers to the nearby Vancouver SeaBus hub, which provides access to Vancouver's major sports facilities, shopping and nightlife
- Boxed lunches to enjoy while visiting Vancouver
- On-board recreation, including heated outdoor pools, spa tubs, fitness center, volleyball, basketball, golf driving net
- Cinema and video arcade
- Nightly on-board entertainment, including award-winning productions
- Daily scheduled activities
- Captain's cocktail reception
- Access to spa (surcharge for all spa services and products)
- Children's and teens' clubs
- Vancouver welcome kit
- Concierge desk
All staterooms include TVs, in-room safes, mini-fridges, coffee/tea makers, and private bathrooms. Many come with small sitting areas. Some also have private balconies with port/mountain views. Also included in the room rate are meals at 5 on-board restaurants, room service, and much more.
As is typical for a cruise ship, the Norwegian Star does not have smoking/nonsmoking rooms or sections.
NOTE: A Ship's Service Fee of US$86.63 per cabin, per night will be added to the final booking cost in the "taxes and fees" section prior to payment. This fee is passed along by The Norwegian Star and covers mandatory gratuities, transfers and taxes on these items.
All bookings are 100-percent non-refundable. Some changes may be permitted subject to availability, and additional costs to new dates or room category. Please carefully review the "Special Check-in Instructions" section for full details.;;Please note: Bookings are 100% Non-Refundable. Changes to hotel-only reservations are allowed up to and including January 15, 2010 and are subject to availability and payment of any increase in pricing. No changes will be allowed for Air+Hotel Package bookings at any time. A Ship's Service Fee of US$86.63 per cabin, per night will be added to the final booking cost in the "taxes and fees" section prior to payment. This fee is passed along by The Norwegian Star and covers mandatory gratuities, transfers and taxes on these items. All transactions and purchases on-board the ship will be handled in U.S. currency.
;;The full name and date of birth of each guest will be required by Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) prior to Jan. 1, 2010. If it was not collected during your reservation, you will be contacted by Expedia within 7 days of booking to collect this information to pass on to NCL. Please be prepared to provide this information for all guests in the room. This additional information will not be reflected on your Expedia itinerary and will be managed offline and transmitted to NCL. Should you wish to verify these details, please do so prior to Dec. 31, 2009 by calling the Expedia call centre. ;;
Expedia customers: If you have made a request to change the names(s) on your hotel-only reservation, you will be contacted within 72 hours for full confirmation. If you have not been contacted to confirm your requested changes, please do contact us at your earliest convenience. Please note that name and/or date changes will not be permitted on Air+Hotel Package bookings for this property.
Check-in requirements: Adults 18 and older are required to present government-issued photo ID at check-in. Birth certificates (or passports) are required for children 17 years and younger. Passports and/or visas (if required) are the responsibility of the traveler; Norwegian Cruise Line urges travelers to check with all relevant consulates and/or embassies prior to travel. Any passenger who does not possess the documentation required by the destination, transit, or the carrier will be denied boarding, resulting in automatic cancellation of the booking without refund.
Baggage limits: Norwegian Cruise Line allows up to 200 pounds of baggage per passenger.
E-Documents: Guests who have booked by Nov. 1, 2009 will receive an e-document by Dec. 18, 2009. The e-document is provided by NCL and will contain such useful information as your full itinerary, names of all guests, inclusions, and instructions for check-in and transfers. Guests who book after Nov. 1, 2009 will receive their e-document within 45 days and before Jan. 30, 2010.
Ask a local about The Norwegian Star Hotel
Ask North Vancouver Locals about The Norwegian Star Hotel
- 1995 West First Street
- North Vancouver, BC V7P1AB
- User Rating