- This star-drenched hotel has maintained its status as a celebrity hangout since it was founded in the 1930s. The rooms are furnished in a subdued, slightly Asian tropical decor, and Egyptian cotton sheets and towels wrap visitors in luxury. Of the 12 tennis courts, eight are lighted for nighttime bouts. The swimming pool is Olympic-sized and, some say, haunted by the spirit of Marilyn Monroe who stayed here for New Year's Eve in 1948.
- © wcities.com 2013
The history of this established hotel mirrors the development of Palm Springs. Stars from all eras have stayed here and it continues to be a magnet for the wealthy, famous set. Tennis is $15 per person, per court. There's a Pro Shop at the hotel featuring many Racquet Club logo items.
- tel: +1 760 325 1281 / +1 800 367 0946(Toll Free)
- fax: +1 760 325 3429
- send email
- 2743 North Indian Canyon Drive
- Palm Springs, CA 92262-4602
Downtown Palm Springs
- Y! Travel: Racquet Club (The)