- Construction on the Hôtel de Beauvais, to be built for the first attendant of the queen of Austria, began in 1654 on the site of an ancient medieval house. It was inaugurated for the occasion of Louis XIV and Marie Thérèse coming to the city to celebrate their marriage in 1660. After passing through several hands, among others hosting a young Mozart for five months in 1763, it was purchased by the city of Paris in 1943 and restored. Today it is the home of the Administrative Appeals Court and holds guided tours in conjunction with the hôtel d'Aumont during the Journées du Patrimoine.
- © wcities.com 2013