- The building that is now home to this museum originally belonged to painter Ary Scheffer (1795-1858) and his nephew, the writer Ernest Renan. After their deaths, the place became a celebration of their lives and their circle of intellectual friends, which included Chopin, Delacroix and George Sand. The museum's main room (devoted entirely to Sand) exhibits a selection of the novelist's personal belongings, including a collection of watercolours, lockets and jewellery. Temporary exhibitions on 19th-century artistic and literary life are organized on a regular basis in Ary Scheffers studio.
- © wcities.com 2013