The Paris Walking Tour - The French Revolution, will enlighten you to the significance of one of the most important events in modern history. Relive the troubled times leading up to the storming of the Bastille, the capture of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, the Reign of Terror and the bloody results of the guillotine.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Les Invalides - Revolutionaires stole over 30,000 arms from here in order to attack the Bastille prison
- Conciergerie - the prison overlooking the Seine river where Marie Antoinette was held
- Tuileries Palace - woudl be located in the current Tuileries Gardens, this also served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
- Place de la Concorde - site of the beheadings of King Louis VXI and Marie Antoinette, among many others
- Marie Antoinette - the Austrian Queen that may have never uttered the infamous phrase, "... then let them eat cake."
- Louis XVI - the proud king that lost his throne and his head to his beloved countrymen
- Assemblee Nationale - site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch
- Guillotine - the machine that brought quick death (usually) to over 1,000 people
- Reign of Terror - the years following the Revolution that saw chaos, betrayal and murder
- Bastille Prison - the raiding of this prison sparked the Revolution
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Paris Walking Tour - The French RevolutionLocals have answered 161 questions about Paris.
Ask Paris Locals about Paris Walking Tour - The French Revolution