- Type: Hiking
NileGuide Expert Says:
Camelback mountain is great because it's central and convenient for just about anyone visiting the Scottsdale Phoenix Area. This is a strenuous summit hike but also a very rewarding climb. Bring lots of water.
- Experienced hikers will appreciate the beauty of this hike in Papago Park. Located on Camelback Mountain, which at 2700 feet, is the highest point in Phoenix. This popular trail is well maintained and offers a close-up view of the desert. This trail runs just over one mile and offers several areas of challenge. Note that local rescues have become commonplace among hikers who over-estimate their abilities. For those inclined to a less arduous path, try the one-mile hike at nearby Squaw Peak Park. This is a no-fee area.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Echo Canyon Trail and Recreation AreaLocals have answered 17 questions about Phoenix.
Ask Phoenix Locals about Echo Canyon Trail and Recreation Area
- tel: +1 602 261 8318 (Phoenix Visitor Information)
- 5700 North Echo Canyon Parkway
- (southeast corner McDonald drive and Tatum boulevard)
- Phoenix, AZ 85018
- May 1-Sept 30: 6a-7:30p, Oct 1-April 30: 7a-5:30p
- User Rating