- The Klementinum was founded in 1232, but it was not until the Jesuits began to build a Catholic seat of learning in the 16th and 17th centuries that the buildings began to take shape. In 1773, the buildings were handed over to the university authorities. Today, the complex houses the Chapel of Mirrors - built in 1724 and reconstructed in 1997 - which is primarily used for classical concerts, and the Music Library. It is located just by Charles Bridge on the Old Town side.
- © wcities.com 2013