- Type: Kid Friendly ,Brand Names
NileGuide Expert tip:
The carnival ball held at Copacabana Palace is one of the most glamorous events on the Rio social calendar. If you can cover the high price of tickets and costume hire, this is the ultimate way to enjoy the magic of Carnival.
- A veritable Rio landmark, Copacabana Palace continues to enjoy a reputation as one of the most glamorous hotels in Brazil. The immaculate white façade, beachfront location, immaculately-attired staff and fabulous pool combine to make this an enduring favourite with celebrities visiting the city. The hotel's two restaurants, Cipriani and the less-formal Pergula, offer some of the best food in the city, and non-guests are welcome (provided the budget will stretch!). Try to book a room with sea views, as the magic is somewhat shattered in the rooms at the rear, which look out onto the crowded Copacabana backstreets. Advance booking is essential, and be warned that prices sky rocket over Carnival and New Year.
- © NileGuide2013
User Reviews for Copacabana Palace
Very nice hotel
Just came back after staying 2 nights in a pool and ocean view suite. The room was excellently appointed and clean. The pool area was simple but elegant. The Internet, it's free,...
- posted on 11.23.12
- by bighead33
Beautiful hotel with beautiful views.
Beautiful hotel in the heart of the Rio beachfront. Gorgeous rooms with ocean views are perfect in every way. Great buffet breakfast and great areas to lounge about for cocktails.The...
- posted on 11.22.12
- by tgh60660
Except for internet - a brilliant choice in Rio
Best hotel in Rio. Rooms are nice and big. Staff is very helpful. A few things to be sorted: internet is too slow - really slow. Spa is just ok, but not very flexible. ...
- posted on 11.21.12
- by Antonio M
- Best Hotel 2009
- Readers' Travel Award Winner 2008
- Highly Recommended 2010
- Forbes Traveler 400 2008
Special accommodations have been made for non-smokers and some floors have been fit for allergic guests.
- visit website
- tel: +55 21 2548 7070 / +55 21 2545 8705
- fax: +55 21 2235 7330
- send email
- Avenida Atlantica 1702
- Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22021-001
- breakfast included
- Windsor Hotels
Hotel star rating: