- The fountain was sculpted by Pietro Gucci at the end of the sixteenth century. It was designed by the famous Giacomo della Porta and is regarded as one of his best works. It was left in the city depository until 1924, when they used its upper basin and part of the supporting structure to build another fountain next to the Sant'Onofrio al Gianicolo Church. These pieces were subsequently replaced by copies when they decided to rebuild the original fountain in 1930.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Fontana di Piazza delle Cinque ScoleLocals have answered 170 questions about Rome.
Ask Rome Locals about Fontana di Piazza delle Cinque Scole
- tel: +39 6 48 8991 (Tourist Information)
- fax: +39 6 481 9316 (Tourism Board)
- piazza delle Cinque Scole
- Rome 00186
- 24 hrs
- No Sweat
- User Rating