- Many people don't realize how much of a culinary destination San Antonio truly is. You may think San Antonio is all about Mexican food, but you can't leave without sampling some Texas-style barbecue. Smoked over a slow flame, Texas-style barbecue beef brisket is unlike barbecue found anywhere else in the USA. Order the "moist" brisket by the half-pound, along with some smoked sausage links, creamed corn, and beans, for a real Texas experience. (Maybe add a jalapeno or two if you dare.) Rudy's has several locations in San Antonio, most of which are located on the outskirts of town, well out of the way of most tourists' and conventioneers' reach. But, if you are headed to Sea World or Fiesta Texas, you are in luck because there are Rudy's BBQ restaurants located within 2 miles of each of those parks.
- © NileGuide2013
Ask a local about Rudy's Country Store and BBQLocals have answered 4 questions about San Antonio.
Ask San Antonio Locals about Rudy's Country Store and BBQ
- Barbecue Food 2004 – Audience Winner
- Barbecue Food 2005 – Audience Winner
- Barbecue Food 2006 – Audience Winner
- Group Dining 2004 – Audience Winner