San Diego, CA, United States
The Western Metal Supply Co. is a historical landmark in downtown San Diego. The brick building is a standout in the center of the city, and not just because it is adjacent to Petco Park. The building was constructed between 1909-1910 and designed by Henry Lord Gay. It originally housed the Western Metal Supply Co., a company that worked in steel distribution. Eventually the company went under, but the building remained. When constructed for the new ballpark began, the city declared the site as a historical landmark rather than demolishing it. The building is now a favorite for San Diego Padres' fans who watch the game from its rooftop deck.