More Top 10 Lists
- Boutique Hotels
- Business Hotels
- Cheap Accommodations
- Five Star Hotels
- Family Friendly Accommodations
- Luxury Hotels
- Hotels Near AT&T Park
- Hotels Near Convention center
- Hotels Near Golden Gate Bridge
- Hotels Near SFO Airport
- Hotels Near Transamerica Pyramid
- Hotels Near Union Square
- Bed and Breakfast Inns
- Apartments and Condos
- Even more lists
Public Question Asked by Puppy Eskaton about San Francisco
Any recommendations on great hikes near the city?
The Best Answer
Answered by Adam Berenstein , San Francisco, United States
Lots of great hikes. Just a few to get you started:
1) Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge! (Seems obvious, but it's awsome... Note, bring a jacket!)
2) Marin Headlands and Muir Woods (once you've crossed over to the North Bay)
3) Butano State Park - Pescadero: Drive down the Peninsula, on the Coast - South of Half Moon Bay, to Pescadero! Great Beaches to explore, but tucked away in the foothills you will find this hidden park, with an incredible 13 mile loop thru a fern covered canyon - You will love the solitude. (On the way home, stop by Duarte's in Pescadero for World-Class Chipino and great Peach Pie!
Answered by Brendan , San Francisco, United States
Pt. Lobos park is a great hike. You can get views of the Golden Gate bridge, ocean views and walk through the spooky ruins of the Sutro baths. You can always retreat to the Cliff House if the weather turns, the view is great but protected.
Answered by Mary , San Francisco, United States
I like urban hiking in Golden Gate Park, no matter how many times you hike the park, there is always something new to discover. Lands End is great too. In the Marin Headlands, the hike from Rodeo Beach to Tennessee Valley is gorgeous.