- In an enclosed tropical garden, the life cycle of the butterfly is explored. Among hundreds of free-flying butterflies feeding on the nectar of flowers and fruits, mating, and laying eggs on their host-plants, guides interpret the butterfly's natural history. Opportunities abound to witness the magical process of the caterpillar changing into its chrysalis and subsequently metamorphosing into a butterfly; a mesmerizing on-site experience. From biology and ecology the tour delves into the symbolic and mythological meaning of the butterfly, one understood by previous civilizations and by today's cultures still living in harmony with nature. In The Butterfly Farm tour, science meets the heart of nature in hopes of fostering true stewardship of our planet. Visitors are also shown the process of exporting chrysalises to butterfly houses worldwide and learn about the widespread attraction for these flying beauties.
Tour Times- 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm Open from Monday to Sunday all year round.
Private transportation available three times at day 3 from and to most of the main hotels in San José Downtown, Escazú, Santa Ana, Belén and the airport.
3 Combined tours are offered:
- The Perfect Combination: with Britt coffe tour
- Butterflies and Orchids
- The Natural Combination: with INBio Park
All of the 3 combinations include:
- Round trip transportation
- Entrances, Tours and Spanish and English speaking guides
- The description was provided by The Butterfly Farm