Established in 1786 by Father Junípero Serra and built by the Chumash Indians, this is a rare example in physical form of the blending of Indian and Hispanic spirituality. This hilltop structure is called the Queen of the Missions for its twin bell towers and beauty. It overlooks the town and the Channel Islands beyond. Self-guided tour booklets are available in six languages.
- © Frommer's 2013
Ask a local about Old Mission Santa BarbaraLocals have answered 2 questions about Santa Barbara.
Ask Santa Barbara Locals about Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Recommended 2010