- This impressive building is in the centre of Santander, right opposite the Pereda Gardens and close to the Bay of Santander. It was built in the 1940's by González Riancho as the headquarters of the Banco Santander, which is now part of the BSCH conglomerate. The large archway joins the two halves of the building on Calle Marcelino Sanz Sautuola (Calle del Martillo). Sculptures by Blanes adorn the top of the building. The building is just one of the many imposing constructions which line Paseo de Pereda and Calle Castellar to the east. The area was declared of national historic interest in 1985 in order to protect these fine examples of Santander architecture, all dating from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Visitors are not permitted inside.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Edificio del Banco SantanderThere are 3 questions about Santander.
Ask Santander Locals about Edificio del Banco Santander
- tel: +34 942 20 6100
- 9 Paseo de Pereda
- Santander 39004
- No Sweat
- User Rating