- Designed by Keyes and Dowdeswell, this building was completed in 1928 at the mouth of the Singapore River as a final expression of classical Art Deco architecture that once dominated the financial district. A tour around will revealed a graceful interior adorned with heavy moulding and ornamentation, typical of this style. Named after Robert Fullerton (Governor of Singapore, 1826-1829), it was built primarily to house the General Post Office. Other bodies which once occupied the premises include the exclusive Singapore Club and the Inland Revenue Department. It now houses the Fullerton Hotel.
- © wcities.com 2013