- With a handsome façade of columns, arches and an elegant clock tower, this impressive building displays a hybrid of Renaissance and classical elements. Originally the Singapore Town Hall, the Victoria Theatre's left wing was erected in 1862. The right wing was added in 1905 as a tribute to Queen Victoria. This historical venue witnessed the trials for Japanese war criminals connected to the massacre of Chinese civilians during World War II. Adjacent buildings were subsequently converted into an art gallery and a home for the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Today, with a seating capacity of 904, it retains the original façade and is a choice venue for top theatre, concert and dance performances.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Victoria Theatre & Concert HallLocals have answered 88 questions about Singapore.
Ask Singapore Locals about Victoria Theatre & Concert Hall