- By the 1960s, almost all of the buildings on the riverfront had been torn down to make way for the Gateway Arch. The only building on the Arch grounds that remained was the Old Cathedral, just west of the Arch's south leg. The Old Cathedral was inaugurated in 1818. Inside there are religious statues and paintings that tell the story of Christ's crucifixion. There are postcards available for sale inside a gift shop on the west side of the building. Guests are welcome from the morning through the afternoon.
- © wcities.com 2013