About St. Thomas
St. Thomas is the busiest of the three United States Virgin Islands. With 28 square miles of lush green hills and sandy beaches, St. Thomas and the nearby island of St. John see nearly 1.7 million visitors a year, far more than their sister island of St. Croix.
The island's main town,
Charlotte Amalie, bustles like any small city with vacationers shopping and residents heading off to work. Traffic can pile up along the waterfront Route 30, called Veterans Drive, and the city's main parking lot adjacent to
Fort Christian is often filled. Despite the surface buzz, it is easy to find quiet pockets away from Charlotte Amalie and other busy areas.
The island, a Danish colony until...
More St. Thomas descriptions
Things to Do
Pretty 18th-century buildings surround the harbor of the active port of Charlotte Amalie, where warehouses once filled with pirate booty still stand. Watch butterflies flutter at the...
More Top 10 Lists
- Boutique Hotels
- Cheap Accommodations
- Five Star Hotels
- Family Friendly Accommodations
- Luxury Hotels
- Bed and Breakfast Inns
- Apartments and Condos
- Brand Name Hotels
- Business Hotels
- Trendy Hotels
- Hotels Near Coral Bay (St John)
- Hotels Near Cruz Bay (St John)
- Hotels Near Downtown Charlotte Amalie
- Even more lists
More Top 10s
- Hotels Near Downtown Christiansted (St Croix)
- Hotels Near Magen's Bay (St Thomas)
- Hotels Near Paradise Point (St Thomas)
- Hotels Near Red Hook (St Thomas)
- Hotels Near St. Thomas airport
- Hotels Near Trunk Bay (St John)
- Hotels Near Virgin Islands National Park