- Located opposite Hyde Park Barracks Museum, St James' Church was originally designed in 1819 as a courthouse. Architect Francis Greenway was forced to convert it to a church to hold services for convicts from the Barracks. Samuel Marsden, the infamous flogging parson, was Senior Chaplin here. The Church has had many restorations, both interior and exterior, and additions such as the Children's Chapel.
- © wcities.com 2013