- Tashichhodzong: Also known as the 'Fortress of the Glorious Religion', it was initially built in 1641 and later rebuilt in its present form by King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck in 1965. The Dzong houses the main secretariat building with the Throne Room of His Majesty the King of Bhutan. The National Assembly Hall is housed in a modern building on the other side of the river from the Dzong. It also serves as the summer residence for the central monastic body during summer months headed by His Holiness the Je Khenpo, the spiritual head.
- The description was provided by Karma Bhutan
- Chhagchhen Lam
- No Sweat
- User Rating