See Tokyo's highlights on a four-hour morning sightseeing tour. A perfect introduction to the first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Meiji Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden, Asakusa Kannon Temple. You'll also spy colourful Nakamise shopping street and drive through the Ginza district on your morning city tour through Tokyo.
Your morning sightseeing tour includes the following highlights:
- Meiji Shinto shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort. (Please note the Meiji Shinto Shrine will be replaced with a visit to Tokyo Tower from January 1,2011 to January 3, 2011.)
- Akasaka Palace, now known as the Akasaka Guest House and used as state accommodation for visiting dignitaries
- Driving past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament)
- Strolling through the impressive Imperial Palace East Garden, once the grounds of an old Edo castle, with a tea pavilion, Japanese garden, moats and stone walls. (Note the Imperial Palace East Garden will be closed from January 1, 2011 to January 3, 2011 and December 23, 2011. Itinerary will be replaced with a visit to the Imperial Palace Plaza)
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo, with the golden image of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Driving through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
Plus you'll receive a free souvenir map of Tokyo!
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping DistrictLocals have answered 88 questions about Tokyo.
Ask Tokyo Locals about Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping District