More Top 10 Lists
- Boutique Hotels
- Cheap Accommodations
- Family Friendly Accommodations
- Luxury Hotels
- Apartments and Condos
- Brand Name Hotels
- Business Hotels
- Five Star Hotels
- Trendy Hotels
- Hotels Near Hachiko Statue (Shibuya)
- Hotels Near Roppongi Hills
- Hotels Near Shinjuku Station
- Hotels Near Tokyo Haneda Airport
- Even more lists
Public Question Asked by NileGuide about Tokyo
What is there to do within walking distance of the Hyatt Regancy in Shinjuku?
The Best Answer
Answered by Keith Zierler , Yokosuka, Japan
Shinjuku is one of the 23 special wards of Tokyo, Japan. It is a major commercial and administrative center, housing the busiest train station in the world (Shinjuku Station) and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, the administration center for the government of Tokyo. Has many restaurants, shopping and site seeing.
As of 2008, the ward has an estimated population of 312,418 and a density of 17,140 persons per km². The total area is 18.23 km²
Answered by Mark Jones , Gotanda, Japan
* Narita International Airport (NRT) - 80 minutes by Narita Express, taxi service available. Alternative transportation: Airport Limousine Bus to Park Hyatt Tokyo - about 105 minutes. Alternatively, guests may take the Airport Limousine Bus to Shinjuku Station and take a 5-minute taxi ride to the hotel if there is a long waiting period before the next bus heading to Park Hyatt Tokyo hotel.
* Haneda Domestic Airport (HND) - 60 minutes by monorail and train, taxi service available. Alternative transportation: Airport Limousine Bus - about 65 minutes.
Districts in Tokyo
* Shinjuku (commercial, administrative and entertainment center) - walking distance
* Omotesando (luxury shopping area) - 10 min. by taxi
* Aoyama (shopping and entertainment area) - 15 min. by taxi
* Shibuya (shopping and entertainment area) - 15 min. by taxi
* Akasaka (central business district) - 20 minutes by taxi
* Roppongi / Roppongi Hills / Tokyo Mid Town (nightlife and entertainment area) - 20 minutes by taxi
* Marunouchi (financial and business district) - 30 min. by car
* Ginza (shopping and entertainment district) - 30 min. by taxi
Distances to the hotel
Park Hyatt Tokyo is ideally located in the centre of Shinjuku, Tokyo's prime business and entertainment district. For more information about attractions near the hotel, please visit the Shinjuku Information page.
* Yoyogi Park (One of Tokyo´s largest parks) - 15 minutes walk
* Meiji Shrine (Holy Temple) - 15 minutes walk
* Imperial Palace - 30 minutes by taxi
* Tokyo International Forum - 30 minutes by taxi
Answered by Reiko Suzuki , Tokyo, Japan
In addition to Keith's answer down below, I highly recommend to visit the observatory in the Tokyo City Hall Bldg. a.k.a. the Metropolitan Government Bldg. After enjoying the birds' eye view from there, you can walk down towards Shinjuku Station Southern Terrace where you can have coffee in the terrace of Starbuks looking down colorful trains constantly coming & going. From there, you will find a department store called Tokyu Hands. They offer any sorts of the coolest things in various categories.
Answered by angela , Tokyo, Japan
Shinjuku is a great place for shopping and restaurants/bars, but my favourite place in Shinjuku is Shinjuku Gyoen. Admission is just 200yen and the park is huge, with a beautiful, peaceful Japanes garden a well as a rose garden and beautiful lily ponds. In November there is a big Kiku- Chrysanthemum display which is well worth a look. It's a great place to have a picnic after shopping and before heading out to check out the local nightlife.