tel: +1 416 392 1111
Allan Gardens, founded in 1858, is one of Toronto's oldest parks. The highlight is the conservatory, which is made up of five greenhouses which, together, cover an area of 16,000 square feet. It was built in 1910 to replace an earlier structure which had burned down, and now houses a wide variety of rare and tropical plants. There are seasonal shows in winter, fall and spring. Recently, the University of Toronto also moved their greenhouse to the park and it is now used as a children's conservatory. The park also has a playground and two fenced-off dog parks.