- This island has belonged to Franciscan monks since the thirteenth century. It takes its name from St. Francis, who arrived on the island at the beginning of 1200, and stayed there for about a month. Some frescoes depicting the visit of St. Francis can be admired here, but the best thing about the island is its peaceful atmosphere and the park. The island can only be reached by private boat, which can be taken from Burano or by arrangement with the monks.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Convento di S. Francesco del DesertoLocals have answered 76 questions about Venice.
Ask Venice Locals about Convento di S. Francesco del Deserto