The eastern tip of Dorsoduro is covered by the triangular 15th-century (restructured with a new facade in 1676-82) customs house that once controlled all boats entering the Grand Canal. It's topped by a statue of Fortune holding aloft a golden ball. Now it makes for remarkable, sweeping views across the bacino San Marco, from the last leg of the Grand Canal past Piazzetta San Marco and the Ducal Palace, over the nearby isle of San Giorgio Maggiore, La Giudecca, and out into the lagoon itself.
- © Frommer's 2013
- Highly Recommended 2010
- Fondamenta Dogana alla Salute
- No Sweat
- User Rating