The Cup of Life, Copa Mundial, the best competition in the world, the most popular sport in the world, la vida loca, joga bonita…call it what you want, bottom line – the World Cup is finally here! The host nation of South Africa fulfilled on their promise and completed their stadiums, instituted proper infrastructure, moved out the homeless and are already welcoming thousands of fans from all over the world expecting/hoping to see another Frenchman headbutt an Italian for talking too much (see Exhibit A at bottom of post).
If you’re not one of the lucky lads or lasses making your way to Africa, don’t worry, our team of Local Experts have put together lists of the BEST places to watch the games where you live.
- London – Where to Watch World Cup Matches in London
- Geneva – Geneva Gateway to the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Cairo – Where to Watch the World Cup in Cairo
- Las Vegas – Watching the 2010 FIFA World Cup in Las Vegas
- New York – Catch World Cup Fever
- San Francisco:
- Amsterdam – Watching the World Cup in Amsterdam
- Edinburgh – Are You Ready for Some (Real) Football?
- Naples – The Azzuri go to the World Cup 2010 South Africa
- Perth – Perth Pubs Get Special World Cup Opening Times
- Portland, OR – Where to Watch World Cup Soccer in Portland
- Rio de Janeiro – World Cup Goals to be shown in 3D on Copacabana Beach
- Shanghai – Where (and how) to Enjoy the World Cup in Shanghai
- Buenos Aires – The Dawn of World Cup 2010 South Africa
- Santiago – So, You Want to Watch the World Cup in Santiago?
- Tel Aviv – Where to Watch the World Cup in Tel Aviv
- Chicago – The Beautiful Game 2010
- Bangkok – Best Places to Watch 2010 World Cup in Bangkok
- Hong Kong – Where to Watch the World Cup in Hong Kong
- Orlando – Where to Catch World Cup Fever in Orlando
- Auckland – Where to Watch the FIFA World Cup in Auckland
- Prague – World Cup 2010 in Prague
- Lyon – Top Pick for Watching the World Cup 2010 in Lyon
- Oslo – Free Oslo: Where to Watch the Football World Cup
- Istanbul – Top 10 Places to Watch the World Cup
- Cape Town
Exhibit A: Zidane going out in a blaze of glory
Exhibit BONUS: The best, and most expensive, Nike soccer commercial ever