Interesting Facts about Baltimore
- One interesting fact about Baltimore is that it has the 1st African American Wax Museum.
- Fun fact: Baltimore's nickname is Charm City.
- Random fact: Edgar Allen Poe once lived in Baltimore. The very first monument in his honor was erected in Baltimore.
- The American National Anthem was written in Baltimore by Francis Scott Key during his imprisonment.
- Oscar award-winning actress and comedian Monique is from Baltimore.
- Thurgood Marshall, the 1st African American Supreme Court Justice was born in Baltimore.
- Actors Jada Pinkett Smith, Edward Norton, and Tupac Shakur all attended the Baltimore School for the Arts.
- Interesting fact: Baltimore is the birthplace of Babe Ruth.
- James Brown once owned the number one radio station in town. Kwesi Mfume worked for him there while attended Baltimore Community College.
- Several popular t.v. series were filmed and based in Baltimore including: Homicide, The Wire, and The Corner.
- Jazz great Billie Holiday was born in Baltimore. A monument of this female jazz singer stands on the corner of Lafayette and Pennsylvania avenues.
- America's first Catholic Cathedral is located in Baltimore.
Things to See in Baltimore
Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport