1014 Budapest, Hungary
Úri Utca or Lord's Street perfectly captures the essence of the Castle District's architecture and atmosphere. The original buildings were pulled up in the medieval times, from where the cobble stone streets remain. The district had a rather harsh history being first destroyed in 1686 and again in 1944. Reconstruction of the 20th Century restored much of the buildings' medieval character. Today, almost all have a Gothic gateway with either a baroque or Neo-Classical facade. Two museums are located along the street, namely the Telephone Museum under No. 49, and the Buda Castle Labyrinth at No. 9.