Mercado la Victoria
This market was built in 1914 in what used to be the garden of the Convent of Santo Domingo
and became the most important shopping area in the city. The building was designed in a French style with the predominance of steel and glass, and is one of the latest examples of this style in Mexico.
The market was the main supply center for the city but over the years it became and insecure and unhealthy place, so in 1986 the merchants were relocated and a plan for the building's restoring began.
In 1994 the new market opened reinstalling the commercial activity that had been a fundamental part of the city but with a more cultural approach.