Campbell House Museum

User Rating:


160 Queen St W
(At University)
M5H 3H3 Toronto, Canada


+1 416 597 0227


Campbell House, built in 1822 by Upper Canada Chief Justice Sir William Campbell, is the oldest house still remaining from the original Town of York. (Toronto was called York from its founding in the late 18th century until it was incorporated as a city in 1834, at which time it received its current name.) Campbell House was moved from its original location to its current position at the corner of Queen and University in 1972 when its owners at the time were threatening to knock it down to extend their parking lot. It is now maintained as a museum and art gallery, with daily tours providing a glimpse into 19th century Toronto life.


Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms