More Top 10 Lists
- Live Music
- Music in Mexico City
- Bars and Clubs near Archeology Museum
- Bars and Clubs near Benito Juarez Airport
- Bars and Clubs near Chapultepec Park
- Bars and Clubs near Dolores Olmedo Museum
- Bars and Clubs near Frida Kahlo Museum
- Bars and Clubs near Palacio de Bellas Artes
- Bars and Clubs near Statue of the Angel
- Bars and Clubs near Xochimilco Canals
- Bars and Clubs near Zocalo Square
- Even more lists
user ratingexpert pick
The Best of NileGuide
Music and dance are so central to the Mexican identity that it's no surprise that the Top Ten Bars, Clubs, and Nightlife in Mexico City center on these activities. Add a shot of tequila or mescal, a frosty cerveza or a glass of vino tinto and you're set for a night of fun.
If you are looking for a good time and want to connect with local partiers, visit the Federal District's most popular nighttime areas: Polanco, Condesa and Roma, Zona Rosa, and Centro Historico.
My #1 Pick: Area Bar. The Habita Hotel's rooftop bar, Area, set the standard for high style in Polanco when it opened in 2000 and is still the capital's #1 nightlife destination. If you want to surround yourself with Mexico City's most beautiful, wealthy, and well-connected night owls, Area is the place for you.
Mama Rumba - #2 on the Top Ten list - is Roma's "in" place for salsa, cumbia, and timba. Its dance floor is always packed with sexy, sweaty, hip swiveling couples.
Mexico City's LGBT bars and clubs can be found mostly in Zona Rosa. My #7 pick is Nicho, an unpretentious place that attracts a mixed-ages male crowd that comes here to hang out with friends and share a pitcher of draft beer.
Maybe your tastes run to high culture - there's no finer destination than the elegant #9: Palacio de Bellas Artes. Ballet, opera, and classical music are represented here. Ballet Folklórico de México graces the stage on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Best Of Mexico City
- Cheap Accommodations
- Family Friendly Accommodations
- Luxury Hotels
- Apartments and Condos
- Brand Name Hotels
- Business Hotels
- Downtown Hotels
- Five Star Hotels
- Cool Activities
- Family Friendly Attractions
- Fun Things to Do
- Historical Things to Do
- Museum Exhibits
- Outdoor Activities
- Things to Do Near Archeology Museum
- Unusual Things to Do
- Five Star Restaurants
- Fun Restaurants
- Italian Food
- Family Friendly Restaurants
- Romantic Dining
- American Food
- Asian Food
- British Food