There's much to see in bustling Tokyo and this full-day tour is the perfect introduction to the city's sights. You'll visit Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, take a stroll around the gardens of the Imperial Palace and spend time at Tokyo's oldest Buddhist temple. Complete your comprehensive city tour with a relaxing 50-minute cruise on Tokyo Bay.
Your full-day tour includes the following highlights:
- Meiji Shinto Shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort
- Akasaka Palace, now known as the Akasaka Guest House and used as state accommodation for visiting dignitaries
- Driving past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament)
- Strolling through the impressive Imperial Palace East Garden, once the grounds of an old Edo castle, with a tea pavilion, Japanese garden, moats and stone walls the garden is closed on Mondays and Fridays, when you will visit Nijubashi (Double Bridge) at the main gate of the Palace instead
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Driving through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
- Western-style lunch (vegetarian options available) at the Pastel-Tei restaurant overlooking the Hamarikyu Garden, the only surviving Edo-period seaside garden
- 50-minute Tokyo Bay cruise
- Drive over Rainbow Bridge to visit the futuristic waterfront Aqua City shopping mall
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple and Tokyo Bay CruiseLocals have answered 88 questions about Tokyo.
Ask Tokyo Locals about Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple and Tokyo Bay Cruise