The Neckar valley leads upstream in the east direction. Schlierbach lies here on the southern side. It was first documented in 1245 as having hardly more than 3000 inhabitants and even today, it is arguably the smallest district in Heidelberg. Located in northern Heidelberg, Ziegelhausen was founded in 850 CE. It is beautifully situated between the Neckar meadows and the Odenwald Forest and is a fantastic starting point for hiking-tours. The Textile Museum Max Berk and the Benedictine cloister Stift Neuburg are both popular visitors' choices. West of the Old town and castle, between the Kurfürsten-Anlage and the Neckar, the district Bergheim reaches from the Bismarckplatz in the center to the motorway. In 769, Bergheim had already been mentioned as an independent settlement, but in 1392, the inhabitants were resettled within Heidelberg's town walls. The area was only built up again in the 19th Century, characterized by institutes and the university hospital, small businesses and residential premises.