Interesting Facts about Hong Kong
1. Fun Fact: The household size has decreased from 4.3 to 3 over the past three decades.
2. Interesting Fact: To many Hong Kong people, their dreams are to own a home.
3. Public transport fun fact: 7 in 10 people take buses and 35% take taxis everyweek.
4. Fun fact about travel: the number of people taking an air trip outside Hong Kong has leapfrogged 7 times in 30 years from 4% in 1975 to 30% in 2009.
5. Random Fact about shopping: Jusco
are among the top 3 department stores visited.
6. True fact or False fact? Hong Konger's personal income increased 16 times in 30 years.
7. Interesting fact: Cha Charn Teng (Hong Kong styled cafe) unique in Hong Kong are visited by half of people in Hong Kong on a weekly basis.
8. Another Interesting fact about Hong Kong dining habits: More and more people frequently visit fast food restaurants, outpacing their visits to other types of restaurant.
9. Weird fact: The first McDonalds offered customers the very first American Big Mac in Hong Kong was located at Paterson Street, Causeway Bay
10. Fun fact: The world's longest outdoor covered escalator
system leading from Central
to the Mid-Levels
was up and running in 1993.
11. Interesting fact: The Big Buddha
on Lantau Island
, the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze statue was unveiled in 1993.
12. Random Fact: Hong Kongers are renowned for being hard working, fast, flexible and energetic. Hong Konger's have among the world's highest cinema
attendance per ca pita.
Things to See in Hong Kong
Tsim Sha Tsui
Po Lin Monastery
Law Uk Folk Musuem
Wong Tai Sin Temple
Museum of History
Chek Lap Kok Airport