This neighborhood was one of the first to be built (in 1887) in the sand dunes outside of Jaffa. The narrow winding lanes, colorful plaster walls and tile roofs recall a small Mediterranean village. The area has become fashionable among the bohemian yuppie set, though to call it gentrified would be an overstatement. Among the posh galleries and restaurants one can also find small cafés and artists' studios. On Rokach Boulevard, one can visit the Rokach House, the former home of the neighborhood's patron saint, now a gallery and museum of the early days of the neighborhood. Just down the street is the Nachum Gutman Museum, devoted to the work and life of this famous Israeli artist. Further in the same direction is the Suzanne Dellal Center, another building complex from the early days, now one of Israel's premiere dance venues.