Most of us enjoy a cup of coffee some time during the day, but here are the top 5 celebrities who are practically attached at the hip (or hand) to their to-go cups:
1. Rachel Zoe: It doesn’t matter if this celebrity stylist (who stars in her own reality show) is at home in Los Angeles or in London for fashion week, she is constantly being filmed with a venti Starbucks coffee in one hand and her blackberry in the other. Rachel does seem to lead a pretty hectic life, jet-setting from New York to Los Angeles to Paris and back again to dress A-list celebrities like Cameron Diaz and Liv Tyler, so she probably really needs those extra espresso shots to keep her “I DIE” ‘s and “SHUT IT DOWN” ‘s perky throughout the day. And if Rachel ever chose to switch from her beloved Starbucks we think the only place she would probably approve of would be the Emporio Armani Cafe in Paris since it is owned (and located directly above!) the famous design house.
2. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: So technically they are two people but we can barely tell them apart, especially since both twins are constantly photographed holding coffee cups. Since the twins are bi-coastal, we would love to hear their verdict on which city serves more delicious coffee: Los Angeles or New York. Want to try a hip, indie coffee house in New York that Mary Kate would probably love? Check out the bar-turned-coffee-house Blind Tiger.
3. Johann Sebastian Bach: Even though it’s been 259 years since it was even possible to spot Bach alive we think he still counts since this coffee loving celebrity was so committed to his favorite drink that he even wrote a piece of music about it. Set in Germany and called the Coffee Cantata, the piece contains eloquent lines such as, “If I can’t drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat”. We really couldn’t have put it better ourselves. And if in theory ‘ole Johanny was alive today he would probably love Cafe Savigny in Berlin since this old-fashioned coffee spot caters to the artistic, intellectual types.
4. Lindsay Lohan: It’s no surprise that iced coffee really seems to be Lindsay’s thing. We would want a cool drink too if our days started off with tanning in Orange County, then hitting up a club in Los Angeles, followed by a fight with on-again off-again girlfriend Samantha Ronson, and then twittering about it until the wee-hours of the morning. Plus since the Los Angeles staple The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is open late, she won’t have to twitter by herself!
5. Britney Spears: The iconic plastic Starbucks cup and green straw have stood by Britney through a few Los Angeles fender benders, a couple lavish shopping excursions, and many questionable fashion choices (the neon wigs? the lack of undies? the fishnets and SHORT shorts??). Yet Brit still manages to look great in a bikini even after hundreds of these sweet treats so we guess Miss Spears will continue enjoying her favorite drink and offering us gossip-worthy photo opps. And if Britney is willing to try something other then Fraps, we would like to recomend Lamill for some well brewed coffee next time she’s in Los Angeles.