If you’re looking for a unique place to stay on Kauai, consider the Waimea Plantation Cottages located on the south western side of the island. Rich in history with expansive grounds, Waimea Plantation Cottages are the perfect choice for those wanting to get away from it all.
Dating back to the early 1900’s, this set of plantation cottages was built for the employees of the former sugar plantation. Now an Aston Hotels & Resorts property, each cottage has been fully restored and has a style its own but all are set amongst in the sprawling grassy coconut grove which leads to the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
This tranquil setting of the Waimea Plantation Cottages offers only five cottages in total:
- Bull Pen Cottage – a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, with a wrap around lanai (porch) and beautiful garden views
- Shigeo Oyama Cottage – 2 bedroom, 2 bath (including an antique soaker tub), with a wrap around lanai, full kitchen with breakfast counter, living room, large windows, and French doors, and a non-obstructed view that leads directly to the ocean
- Kruse House – features 6 bedrooms including a master with seating area, with fully-equipped kitchen, breakfast nook, and gorgeous ocean views
- Managers House – on the ocean front, the Managers House features 5 bedrooms, full kitchen, living room, dining room, waiting room, leading room, and an expansive outdoor covered lanai
- Jean Burns Faye Cottage – another ocean front villa, featuring 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dining room, living room, and covered lanai
Waimea Cottage Plantations also offers two additional properties adjacent to the cottage properties – Kauai Harbor House (3 bedrooms, 3 baths on two-acres) and the Hanalei Faye Estate nearby at Hanalei Bay (6 bedroom beachfront house and a 1 bedroom cottage).
Guest amenities at Waimea Plantation Cottages include a large beachfront pool, Wi-Fi hotspots, Waimea Brewing Company pub and restaurant, plus the endless array of pampering treatments available at A Hideaway Spa. Other dining options at the cottages include pizza, beach front luaus, in-cottage dining, and boxed lunches to go.
Waimea Plantation Cottages are the perfect jumping off point for exploring the Napali Coast and the stunning Waimea Canyon, known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. Waimea Plantation Cottages are named on the Expedia Insiders Select List for 2010 and the National Geographic Traveler Stay List. Waimea Town is part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and received the Dozen Distinctive Destinations award in 2006.
Flickr.com Photo Credit: Plantation by a L p