In addition to being recognized as a city that is a paradise and haven for foodies, Lima is also becoming an interesting venue for many international artists: as a reminder, during 2011 Limenians welcomed some stars like Metallica, Aerosmith, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Britney Spears, or Red Hot Chili Peppers, among others.
Here we are listing a only a few of the upcoming concerts currently scheduled for 2012 in Lima, Peru. Rock, pop, electronic, the offer is varied and wide: but it is also true that most of these events cannot be confirmed until very few months in advance.
- Joe Cocker: the mythical British musician will perform in Lima on March 13th, at the Jockey Club del Peru. Tickets are on sale via Teleticket.com and prices range from 108 to 500 soles (US $41 to $190).
- Morrissey: The former leader of The Smiths will perform in Lima on March 14th, at the Jockey Club del Peru esplanade. Tickets are on sale via TuEntrada.com, and if you are interested hurry up, because some 70% the best seats are already sold.
- Demi Lovato: The young pop star wil perform in Lima on April 17th, at the Jockey Club del Peru. Tickets are available at Teleticket.com and prices range from 60 to 360 soles (US $22 to $138).
- Titans of Rock: a new band led by KISS’s Gene Simmons and other famous band’s former members (from Guns N’ Roses, Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Collective Soul, Deep Purple and others). The producers have confirmed that this band will perform in Lima on April 19, at the Monumental Stadium esplanade, but at present tickets are not on sale yet.
- Roxette: The duet has confirmed Lima as part of their Latin American tour, and their concert has been scheduled for April 21st at the Monumental stadium esplanade. They are promoting their latest release “Charm School”, but will also include many of their former hits. Tickets are not on sale yet.
- The Mission UK: this will not be their first performance in Lima (the first one took place in 2002), but this time they claim to bring their original conformation. Celebratign their 25th anniversary, they will perform on May 23rd at Scencia Conventions Center. Tickets are already on sale at TuEntrada,com. and prices range from 99 to 2o2 soles (US $37 to $79).
- Roger Hodson: Rumors say that the former Supertramp leading voice may perform in Lima on April 12th.
Whenever possible we are including info about ticketing: but please take note that the production teams may vary some details or dates, so make sure to confirm via the artists’ web pages.
Other international artists that allegedly will include Lima, Peru in their 2012 tours, during the second half of this year, may be Ringo Starr, Madonna, Foo Fighters, Bjork, and Lady Gaga. Negotiations for some of these are already going on.