Madrid again proves its mettle as a world capital of food with the Gastrofestival Madrid 2011, which focuses on food as a sensory experience and food in the arts.
From January 24 to February 6, diverse food-related events will take the capital by storm, including:
• Cheese tastings at the Mercado de San Miguel
• Food-related films at the Cine Doré, such as “Like Water for Chocolate” and “Sideways”
• Gourmet food shop crawls around the city with A Punto
• Pasta making class at Academia del Gusto
• Food-related tours of the Real Academia de las Bellas Artes de San Fernando to see paintings like Tintoretto’s “Last Supper” or Goya’s “Burial of the Sardine”
• Blindfolded wine tasting and dinner at Restaurante La Bella Lola
You can see the complete program (in English or Spanish) at http://gastrofestival.esmadrid.com/?page_id=31&lang=en. Bon apetit! Or as they say in Madrid, ¡Que aproveche!
[Photo: Pablo Sanz Almoguera]