Want to watch a big game while you’re in Munich? Well, there are thousands of expats living here who also want to watch non-German sports and because of that we’ve got lots of options for sports bars showing sports such as rugby, baseball, American football (college or NFL), premier league soccer, etc . Here are some top picks of places to watch sports and have a few beers:
- Kennedy’s Irish Restaurant and pub – Kennedy’s Irish Restaurant and Pub is Munich’s newest Irish bar and one of the most popular. Kennedy’s regularly shows international soccer games and on request can show American football and baseball. Its location, directly at Sendlinger Tor, is easy to find for tourists and locals alike.
- Ned Kelly’s Australian bar – Ned Kelly’s is a bar that tries to please everyone and has several screens that can each have a separate game. It is located right behind the altar of the Frauenkirche (the cathedral), so it should be easy enough to find.
- Champion’s bar – Champions bar is an American themed place that tries to make available all things American, which of course includes American sports. The only problem with this one is the location, unless of course you’re staying at the Marriott hotel, in which case you don’t even have to go outside.
- Hard Rock Café – The Hard Rock Café in Munich regularly plays American sports at the bar with no volume, but if there is demand they have a back room where they will put audio on. Most big games that means there will be 20 people in there with great sound and massive screens.
- Feuerberg – An American themed bar that is geared more toward expats and Germans who like American things than it is toward tourists, they go out of their way to make sure you can watch whatever game you want.
- Euro Youth Hostel – If you’re the type that is staying in a hostel than you could just as easily watch your sports right at the bar of the Euro Youth Hostel. They play most NFL, Soccer, and whatever else they have demand for.
With any of these places, if you want to be sure they are going to play a specific game, call and ask, it’s the only guarantee.