Irish pubs can be found in nearly any city on the planet anymore and Munich is certainly not left out. In fact, for live music and late night drinking options, Irish pubs are usually one of the best bets for tourists. I’d like to highlight a handful of Munich’s top Irish pubs here so you have an idea of where they are and what they are like before you randomly hit up an Irish pub in Munich. Here they are:
- Kennedy’s Irish Pub and Restaurant – Kennedy’s is the new Irish pub in town. Its location right next to Munich’s Southern gate, the Sendlinger Tor, makes it easy for all to find as well. It’s open late and has live music six days a week. It’s always lively, has sports on several screens, and stays open later than most.
- Killian’s Irish Pub – From the same owner as Kennedy’s, this place is simply the busiest Irish pub in town. Live music almost every night of the week and great food make this a sweet option. Its entrance is literally right behind the cathedral’s altar, so you should be able to find it!
- Molly Malone’s Irish Pub – This is the neighborhood Irish bar for the hip part of town known as Heidhausen. Heidhausen is also known for being the location of Munich’s “Hilton city center” and “Holiday Inn City Center.” So if you are staying at either of those hotels, this is your best bet.
- Ryan’s Muddy Boot – A tiny little Irish pub close to Rotkreuzplatz. This is a small neighborhood Irish bar similar to Molly Malone’s except it’s on the opposite side of town. If you’re staying at the Jugendherberge youth hostel or any of the dozen or so hotels at Rotkreuzplatz, this is the one you should aim for.
- The Shamrock – This is the most popular Irish pub with the university crowd, mostly because it is located between the University and the English garden, making it an easy location for students. It’s usually busy any night of the week and has live music most nights.