A new tree-friendly, non-niche travel magazine has hit the virtual newsstands. Founder and Editor-in-Chief Michelle Strashoon has gathered together a team of travel bloggers and journalists to contribute an array of articles to the quarterly digital zine which just dropped its summer edition. Some highlights from the current issue:
- – Nancy D. Brown, author of the What a Trip blog and an editor for Uptake Travel, interviews Blake Mycoskie, the former Amazing Race contestant who traveled to Argentina and founded TOMS shoes, a retailer that uses the “purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good” by matching every pair purchased by donating a pair of shoes to a child in need.
- – Manola Strashoon (Editor-in-Chief Michelle Strashoon’s pint-size Chihuahua) pens a piece on pet-friendly Palm Springs, including where to stay, eat, shop and spa.
- – Flight attendant and blogger Sara Keogle of TheFlyingPinto.com gives readers an inside look at the life of a flight attendant after sixteen years in the business.
- – Mommy blogger Meg Keough of BackpackToBuggy.com chronicles her adventures playground hopping in Hong Kong.
- – Carrie Williams of Gettincarriedaway.com outlines 24 hours of brats, beers, the Brewers and Brady Street in a trip to Milwaukee.
- – Shanel Evans of LivingLaDivaLoca.com and Robert J. Nebel of MensTraveler.com give the girl and guy take on a Vegas getaway in HipCompass Escapes’ Juxtaposition column.
Want to keep reading? Subscribers can view the magazine through Zinio.com, host of the online editions of such mainstream periodicals as Business Week, Reader’s Digest, Esquire, PC Magazine and Macworld.
Subscribe to HipCompass Escapes and check out the summer issue by visiting their subscription page.
Images courtesy of HipCompass Escapes